Volunteers anyone. Contact me at BeginningAuthor.com
The size and the scope of this project is going to depend greatly on how much others are willing help out. That help can be something very simple like giving me a few bits of information that I can set down, to something a bit more ambitious like working with the forum where other writers can interact, can learn their craft, and can learn a little something about podcasting. Since I don't know how far this can go, I'm pretty much looking for anybody who thinks they have something to contribute. However there are a few places where I do know where Beginning Author could use some input.
1. First and foremost, I'm looking for people who are willing to be moderators on a forum. The forum will contain subjects on craft, on marketing, on publishing, and on podcasting. However, it can also include other topics as well as a closed forum where people can share and critique each others writing. Personally I think it would be really great if we could encourage each other towards obtaining agents and publication, be it in small press, magazines, or larger venues.
2. I am looking for people who are willing to chase down and share information to populate this site. New markets. New ways and places to self-promote and markete. New ideas. Do you know of a radio show that is friendly to new authors? Tell me about it and I will list it. Do you know of an agent who is willing to work with new clients? Chase down information on publishing, on writing, on blogging, on networking, on anything that will advance out people in the field. How about freelancing. I know almost nothing about that part of the field. Is there anyone who would be willing to become a freelancing mentor?
3. Ideas Ideas Ideas...do you have book signing tips? Tell us. Lessons on interview techniques? Let us know. Social Networking? Twitter tips? Facebook? Ning? Other places. Throw it out there. Take over a section and have fun. Network, make friends, become part of the solution. If you are involved in Beginning Author you will become better known to others in the field, have more contacts for when you want to push your work. Beginning Author is intended to be a stepping stone and friends network where we all work to support each other in every way possible.
4. Website help. Look, do I look like I know how to design a great website. Heck no. Any volunteers there are more than welcome.
4. If you want to volunteer please contact me at Beginningauthor@aol.com I will get back to you. With my schedule it might take a bit, but I will get back to you.